07 September 2012

1.0 THE PROJECT.

More than a decade ago I got fascinated by the idea to travel overland from where I live, through Siberia, to Hong Kong.  Hong Kong was the place I was working at that time and Siberia looked like the last frontier ... to me anyway.
Since I was then an active member of the rat race, I had to sweat it out.  But as the years went by, this idea changed and now it looks like hereunder.  Half way 2012 I was promoted to the "Big Leave" and plans became more concrete.

Itinerary:
From Koewacht to Magadan.
Cross the Pacific to Seatle/Vancouver.
Make a right turn to Ushuaïa.
Or as the misses says: "We will see".

The World.


Remarks:
Due to the continental drift, the Americas are now in the east!
Soon the International Date Line will be on terra firma and the people from the villages of Wales (Alaska) and Uelen (Siberia) will share the same street but in different dates.  A problem when you invite your neighbour for coffee and cake!


Time frame:
Start: May 2013.
Cross the Pacific: October 2013.
Ushuaïa: "we will see".

After that, somehow, we have to return home ...
Short version: RoRo from Buenos Aires to Antwerp.
Long version: back to the US, cross the Pacific again to China and drive the Silk Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment